Another rainy Sunday and I am setting here thinking about where to begin. There has been so much going on within this last week. Some good, some bad, and some just indifferent. The main thing is, things are not staying the same and of course the one thing that I am finding out is, where there is change, there is also feelings involved.
For instance, I have been so nervous of starting this new job but at the same time I am excited. I have been more than ready in fact and perhaps that frustration shown some this last week at my previous job. The good thing about preparing for this job is it seemed to get me out and I am realizing that I can now socialize with the ones I use to work with. That in itself is another set of emotions but lets stick with the subject at hand.
Sometimes when we think about out with the old and in with the new, we think about it just pertaining to one thing but in actuality it could be more than one thing. After all, change can sometimes be a catalyst that sets more change in motion. This is basically meaning that since I got this new job, I have been inclined to have more of a social life. This can also inspire me to "weed my garden of friends" if you will. This statement in itself brings up the question:
When does a friend become a weed?
When I moved from New York City, I really had to reevaluate my friends that I left behind because I didn't want to get myself in the same situations I was there. This is why I only think of Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. Those where my only true friends in the city. I also had friends outside the city that I hold dear even though I didn't get to see them on a daily basis. They are to this day, helping keep me focused and centered.
However, I do have this one friend who has over the years became very opinionated about everything. The only problem with that is this friend has also had the same thing happen time and time again. Every time this happens, and excuse and what ever happened is swept under the rug. As much as I want to continue being there for this person, I am wondering to myself if it is productive for me to do so. Will this help me move forward with what I am wanting to achieve in my life? I guess the big question is, how does this friendship affect me; does it help me progress or stay where I am?
When I think of friends, I think of someone that can offer me advise or me offer advise from but not make our opinion seem like it is the only one. Since I moved back to Texas, I have became even closer to Charlotte while becoming distant with Miranda. Samantha is still very busy but I am starting to chat with her when I can. Even my friends from outside of New York City and I are seeming to stay in touch and they offer words of encouragement when they can. Only time can tell with my new friend Julie and her sister but they seem to have the good qualities needed in being a good friend.
I guess I can honestly say Out with the Old and in with the New can be compared to weeding a garden. At least in one aspect it can. Life outside the garden can be just as exciting. I have a good feeling about this new job and as I was saying about change. It can lead to bigger and better things that can help me accomplish my dreams and goals and live the way I vision it. Until next time....Blessed Be!
No comments:
Post a Comment